President Ilham Aliyev signed a decree on the application of the Law on Investment Activity.
According to the decree, the main goal of the state policy in the field of investment activity is to ensure sustainable economic development through local and foreign investment, the development of competitive industries and services, and the introduction of new technologies and innovations in the economy.
The main directions of state policy in the field of investment activity include:
- formation of a favorable investment climate, including the strengthening of a free competitive environment;
- protection of the rights and legitimate interests of investors, as well as investments;
- creation of equal opportunities for investors in the implementation of investment activities;
- ensuring the stability of the conditions for the implementation of investment activities;
- privatization, restructuring, and rehabilitation of state property;
- support of investment projects in priority economic sectors;
- digitization and provision to investors of services related to the implementation of investment activities, based on the 'single-window' principle.