There will be six main principles of state policy in the field of energy in Azerbaijan, according to the new draft law on energy, which was submitted to the Milli Majlis (Parliament).
According to the document, those principles are as follows:
- establishment of activities in the field of energy on the basis of market relations and free competition;
- inadmissibility of discrimination in the field of energy;
- transparency of activity and regulation in the field of energy;
- separation of activities in the field of energy in the cases specified by this law;
- protection of the rights of energy consumers;
- ensuring sustainable development in the field of energy.